Help children in need this holiday season by donating to the Children's Emergency Shelter! Now through December 15th, you can donate any of the supplies on the list and make a difference this year.
Items may be dropped off at 3015 S. 14th St. in Fort Smith, and you can also make a cash donation online at https://childrensemergencyshelter.org/
The Fort Smith Children’s Emergency Shelter serves area children who haven been removed from their home by the Department of Human Services due to neglect and abuse.
The CES Serves:(to learn about GET REAL 24, which serves foster youth turning 18 and older, click here)
- Abused and neglected children ages 6-17 years old
- Up to 24 children per night
- 12 boys/12 girls per night
- Over 300 children per year
- The entire state of Arkansas, primarily children from Area 2(Crawford County, Franklin County, Johnson County, Logan County, Scott County, Sebastian County, and Yell County)
Referrals to Children’s Emergency Shelter come from:
• Department of Human Services• Comprehensive Juvenile Services• Juvenile court• Law enforcement agencies
• Private therapists and/or counselors• Inter-agency agreements• Hospitals
The Children’s Emergency Shelter does not discriminate against race, religion or sex.